A precast concrete panel offers a number of important benefits. The sandwich construction technique used with the precast concrete walls provides increased stability and improved sound insulation, as well as greater protection from potential hazards such as fires. Precast concrete panels also provide energy-saving advantages. Because the concrete wall panels are separated by a layer of thermal insulation, the precast concrete wall panel system results in enhanced energy performance, which can help to lower overall costs.
For designers, insulated wall panels provide tremendous flexibility. The availability of numerous finishes, textures, shapes, and colors offer an abundance of creative options to meet virtually any design requirement.
Benefits of precast wall panels:-
- Since precast is manufactured in a controlled casting environment it is easier to control the mix, placement, and curing
- Quality can be controlled and monitored much more easily
- Since a precaster can buy materials for multiple projects, quantity discounts can lower costs
- Weather is eliminated as a factor-you can cast in any weather and get the same results, which allows you to perfect mixes and methods
- Less labor is required and that labor can be less skilled
- On site, precast can be installed immediately, there is no waiting for it to gain strength and the modularity of precast products makes installation go quickly
- Repeatability-it's easy to make many copies of the same precast product; by maximizing repetition, you can get plenty of value from a mold and a set-up
- Accelerated curing, by heating the precast parts, greatly increases strength gain, reducing the time between casting the part and putting it into service
- With the ability to so tightly control the process, from materials to consolidation to curing, you can get extremely durable concrete